Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crazy Life!

I just cannot slow down! I feel like life is pulling me along so quickly and I am dragging my feet behind me. The last few months have gone ridiculously fast! I turned 22 in December which is crazy to me. I mean 22 already?! I ended up making a last minute trip to AZ and just met up with old friends and went out to dinner with my brother. Then obviously Christmas came and it was so relaxing and fun! The girls had a great day and the kitchen turned out fabulously! The girls play with it all the time. Then I started classes in January. Talk about kicking into overdrive! Even though the classes are a little more difficult I know I found the perfect major for myself. I never imagined I would find something I am so in love with to study. I have never enjoyed classes before but history makes me giddy. Yes, I know I am a nerd. I came to terms with that a long time ago.

So, January came and went in what felt like 3 days. Then it was February already which meant our 3 year anniversary was coming up. If you know us well, you know Paul and I don't really do gifts for each other for any holiday. Its not that we are against them or anything we are just so innately frugal that we would rather save the money. We aren't really into "stuff" like knicknacks for around the house. We lead a pretty simplistic life. But anyway, I had planned a trip out to Arizona on Feb. 17th for a dentist appointment. I know, its kind of crazy that I still go back "home" to my dentist but I tried one out here and it turned into a horror story. If you are reading this in Tehachapi, DO NOT go to Dr. Walch. I planned on being home that Monday because our anniversary was on Wed the 23rd but things didn't go exactly how I wanted them to. Both the girls and I got really sick out in AZ so my Aunt Mary and Mom were both taking care of us and we couldn't drive home. Peyton ended up having RSV, I had a bad sinus infection and Audrey had a bad cold. So we ended up driving home on my anniversary that Wednesday. Paul and I were going to have a date that weekend to celebrate but our babysitter got sick as well. So as of yet, we still have not celebrated our 3 year anniversary. It really makes me envy all my friends out here that have family close by. To you ladies, DON'T take it for granted. A friend of mine, Christen, offered to watch the girls this Saturday so we can finally have a date night. She is so sweet.

So now we are in March and things are not going to slow down anytime soon. Paul is studying for his ATP written that he scheduled for the end of the month.  Meanwhile, we are kind of battling it out for the laptop. His Dell took a dive a while back and has never recovered so we are down to just my old vaio. Everyone pray it lasts a while longer because we are not ready to purchase a new computer yet. I have tons and tons of schoolwork each week and a huge paper I need to start writing that is due in April. I don't like waiting until the last minute because something is guaranteed to go wrong!

Audrey....oh my moody almost four year old teenager. She is something else! She will be so sweet and loving and then the attitude comes in and wow it is not pretty. She is still obsessed with ballet. She puts on her little dances for me with all her costume jewelery and it is the cutest thing in the world! I cannot wait until we can put her in a ballet class this year. She loves art projects still. I bought her a bunch of Ispy books and they are her favorite. She will sit on the couch for 30 minutes finding all the stuff and watching her concentration warms my heart. She is still a complete Daddy's girl. The look on her face when he walks in the door from work is priceless. She runs at him so fast she squints her eyes. She calls it her "super fast" run. She is such an amazing little girl and she is growing up way too fast.

Peyton is certainly one-of-a-kind! Even our pediatrician is baffled by her. "I have never seen a child as stubborn and strong-willed as Peyton"-quote straight out of Dr. Rao's mouth. The girl would rather starve to death than eat or drink something she doesn't like. Honestly, back when we were trying to get her on formula she would have ended up in the hospital from her stubbornness. She is only 16 months and already in her terrible twos. She is incredibly smart and knows everything I say to her but deliberately does not obey. Although, she already enjoys the potty and will go pee on it a few times per day so that is great. If she potty trains as early as Audrey did I will be a very happy Momma! She isn't always a trouble maker though. She is still a mommy's girl and we enjoy our cuddle time together and our little games we play while giggling like crazy.

Life is crazy but I love it. I love my husband and our kids are happy and healthy. What more could I ask for? Well maybe a pause button...that could be useful.





Crazy day for Dad?

Those two are so silly together

Valentine's Day party at Audrey's school
Audrey loves the dress up box as you can tell.

Peyton is loves going to big sister's school and hanging out with the big kids.

Audrey and Klayton-they have so much fun and get into a lot of trouble together.

No comments:

Post a Comment