Thursday, March 10, 2011

A lesson taught by my little girls

I want to "write" this down even though it is something I will remember for the rest of my life. From all my other posts you know how busy I am and how exhausting it gets. A couple days ago, I was having a rough afternoon. Paul was working late again, the weather wasn't good enough to send the kids outside so they were going stir crazy, my house was a complete mess from having a play date earlier and to top it all off I had a test to finish that I couldn't get done during nap time because Audrey wouldn't stay in her room for quiet time. All in all I was a run down, unhappy Mommy. I went in the kitchen to figure out what to cook and a couple of minutes later Audrey comes running up saying, "Mommy come look, come look and see what we did." At this point I'm about to cry because I'm thinking oh no, what now?! She takes me into Peyton's room and I burst into tears. Happy tears. She took it upon herself (and a little help from Peyton) with no prompting from me to completely clean Peyton's room spotlessly, down to the last piece of play food put nicely in it's spot in the play kitchen. Moments like these are rare and precious and every time I'm feeling overwhelmed I am going to think about my sweet babies and how they made me feel that night. Paul and I have so many ambitious goals that we want to achieve but I also need to slow down and appreciate the now. I need to balance keeping my eyes on the prize and enjoying my babies while they are still small. I'm going to have to work on not always striving for perfection because I will always be lacking. Who would have thought such a huge life lesson would be taught to me by my almost 4 year old and 16 month old little girls?

Who needs a pool when you have a perfectly good sink?!
Also note the fabulous outfit of the day that Audrey chose-zebra striped pants, pink shirt, 4 different necklaces and a yellow head band.

No comments:

Post a Comment