Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pictures Galore!

Well nothing too exciting to report. That's kind of a good thing though. Things are good right now so big changes can wait a couple more months. However, something I am really looking forward to in the next couple of weeks is the new study our bible study group is starting. It's called Conversation Peace and let me just groan (ughhhhhhhhhh) right now because it's going to be a doozy.

Here is the synopsis: Mary masterfully presents seven biblical principles to help women revolutionize their speech habits and positively avoid sharing gossip, throwing negative barbs, or snapping sarcastic replies throughout everyday life. Discover how you can improve your relationships by allowing God's Word to transform your heart.

I will be completely honest, I am guilty of all those things. I am human after all and a woman! I do not know a single lady that hasn't gossiped or been negative or been sarcastic. I am so excited for this because I could use a more positive attitude in life! It's not going to be easy--our studies never are--but I know there is work to be done on myself! I'm also really blessed to be apart of this group of women. We have such fun together and we often cry, laugh, and/or tell embarrassing stories that we wouldn't dare repeat. Sometimes all three in the same morning. If any of my Tehachapi friends wants to give it a try I encourage you to do so. Just e-mail or call me and I will give you the info.

So, onto the part you really read my blog for. My children.....oh goodness, they are firecrackers. We try not to dumb down our vocabularies for our kids because if we want them to speak well we need to set the example. So, every evening when Audrey is trying to put off bedtime we tell her to quit procrastinating and get in bed. This morning I made a comment about needing to make my coffee and she pipes up with this little comment, "Mom, stop procrastinating and make your coffee!" Audrey-1 Me-0

Audrey's preschool "graduation" is tonight so it should be fun watching their little skit they have been working so hard on. She is moving from the Duckling classroom to the Bears classroom in the fall. I can't believe next year she will be in kindergarten. But the even more daunting thought is I have no idea where she will go! Who knows where Paul's career/my schooling will take us in a year's time? We are both fully aware that Tehachapi isn't going to be forever but it's scary/exciting/nerve wracking to think about what is going to happen next Spring. Paul wants me to take the Spring off from school since I will be done with BC (before I transfer to a university) so we can make some big decisions about where we will/want to go. I haven't agreed yet because I'm so determined to finish my degree but we'll see what happens!

Pardon Audrey's messy room. Personally, this doesn't look like the most comfortable way to watch a movie to me.

Eww. I made the most delicious homemade teriyaki sauce for chicken and broccoli and she decided to pour her whole cup of milk in it. Then continued eating.

Peyton is talking up a storm! When I give her something like a snack she says, "Please, thank you, your welcome," in one line. When she is on the swing at the park her favorite word to scream is "Higher! Higher!" She is counting to 10 and starting to recognize some colors. She knows where her ears, eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, head, hair and other body parts are. She loves to learn! Her new favorite habit which is good and bad is reading while we take walks. The catch is, she holds the book in her lap flipping pages but I must look through the clear window on the stroller to read to her. Let's just hope I don't run into anything while doing it. Books are her favorite. She will sit on my lap and read 10 books in a row if we have the time.
 
Audrey's artwork is amazing! This is my blog so I can brag about my kids, right? Seriously though, she is writing her name and drawing the most interesting pictures. Her drawing this morning was of a butterfly eating corn on the cob and yes, you could actually see what she was talking about. All the art she brings home from school makes me so proud. She really takes her time and makes things the way she wants it. Her teacher was telling me how polite Audrey is and that she almost always says please and thank you. I love knowing my baby girl listens even when I think she isn't. 





No comments:

Post a Comment