Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall is just right

I LOVE fall. I have to say it's my favorite season. I love the coloring of the leaves, the cooler temperatures, the need to hang some festive fall decor, everything about fall feels peaceful to me. I am searching for "the perfect tree" right now for some beautiful fall photos of the girls. The problem is it can't be too tall or you won't see it and the leaves have to have all the right colors. I know, all these expectations over a simple tree.

We are gearing up for our Prescott trip this week. We leave either late night Wednesday or early morning Thursday. It just depends on what time Paul gets off work Wednesday. It should be a fun visit. I love seeing family and friends and catching up with everyone. Paul surprisingly says he is really looking forward to going out there. Never in my life would I think Paul would say he is excited to go to Prescott. HAHA. We are having the girls baptized on Saturday and following that we will have Peyton's first birthday party.

Even just typing "first birthday party" brings tears to my eyes. I can't believe she is turning one and walking all over the place already. I wish she would stay a baby forever and always want to cuddle with her mommy. She is driving us a little crazy though because of her picky eating. ALL she wants for every meal is a PB&J. Really!? That has virtually no nutritional value! Maybe a few grams of protein in the peanut butter but that's it. So we have been trying to sneak in fruits and veggies with her meals but her anti-healthy-food eyes always find it and she picks it out. We will just have to keep trying. Luckily, I'm pretty persistent when I want something so we will see who wins this battle of the wills. She loves to "share" things right now. Meaning she gives it to you but you must give it back when she's ready. We are working on that one.

Audrey is just a ball of energy. Some days I don't know how to keep up with her! Like her Daddy she has to be moving nonstop all day. Her art projects at school are starting to look amazing. She really takes her time and works on making them look just how she wants it. She did not get her creativity from me though, that one is all Paul. Maybe some art lessons from Uncle Steven are in the future?? She is still completely infatuated with rocks. Every time we go for a walk I have to empty at least 50 that she had to bring home in the stroller. I learned pretty quickly to ALWAYS check her pockets before doing laundry. It turns out the loud thumping in the washer was not just from a heavy load, she snuck some decent size rocks in her pockets that I missed somehow.

By the way, I thought taking statistics would be much easier than calculus and now I am seriously reconsidering that thought. Statistics is not such a walk in the park. I have to thoroughly apply myself to understand what I am doing. I do love my anthropology class though. It's very thought provoking and makes me question all kinds of things in today culture.

Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment