Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random funnies

It looks worse today because she picked at it. My awesome cousin Leah got the girls matching boots and they are so stinkin cute! Look at all those chompers. She has 20 teeth! Audrey adores Mrs. Teri! She is an amazing teacher. This was at their apple picking field trip.

How many times have I told Audrey to not run with a stick in her hand or she might fall and poke her eye out? MANY. Today I went to pick her up from preschool and she has some nice scratches right next to her eye and a busted lip. I bet you can guess how that happened!! Mrs. T felt terrible about it but it really didn't faze me and you probably know why. Of course I made sure she was okay and looked into her eyes and everything making sure there wasn't serious damage. But come on, how many times must I say do not run with sticks in your hand?

Audrey, always my funny girl, came running in my room this morning saying there wasn't any underwear in her drawer. I did all the laundry yesterday, folded it, and put it away so I was thinking, what the heck? I went and looked and sure enough there wasn't any underwear in her drawers. So I went searching around the house looking for 15 pairs of missing underwear. You know where I found it? In Audrey's backpack. I think she has some hoarding tendencies because she does things like that all the time. Not just with her socks and underwear either, sometimes she hides all of Peyton's as well. Now, when anything goes missing I ask Audrey first and 9 times out of 10 its in her backpack, her purse, or her pillowcase. This is another reason I always check her pockets before we leave school. She likes to hoard toys and forgets to put them back when she goes home.

I think Audrey is going to be a policewoman. She loves making people follow the rules and she is the biggest tattletale. We can be a block away from a red light and I will hear STOP STOP STOP MOMMY STOP THE LIGHT IS RED!!! Same with stop signs. Today she came home from school and told me all about how Lisa (her schoolfriend)got in trouble for not sitting quietly during story time. Then she says, "But I was good and I was quiet so I got a piece of candy, I was so good." At home, if Peyton comes anywhere near Audrey I will hear,"Peyton touched me!!!" She is so funny.

Peyton too cracks me up. She loves to climb in and out of diaper boxes. That entertains her for quite a while. Her favorite place in the world is the kitchen. She loves pulling every single pot and pan out and spreading them everywhere. Then she will move onto the drawer with all the spatulas and cooking utensils and proceed to empty it. She loves being chased around the house. She likes to wrestle with Daddy. In fact both the girls would wrestle with him all day and be perfectly happy. She loves to figure things out but at the first sign of difficulty she will literally grab my hand and make me help. For example, we have the Melissa and Doug puzzle pieces and if something isn't fitting in correctly she will grab my hand, put it on the piece and guide it to the board so I will put it in for her. Unfortunately for her, I make her do it so she learns I can't do everything for her. Both the girls love to dance! It doesn't matter what kind of music it is they both wiggle and shake and spin in circles, its too cute.

Peyton definitely doesn't like being told no. I took my camera away from her because the poor thing is on its last leg so she really shouldn't play with it, and she threw herself on the ground whining. I just walked away which made her even more angry. She just followed me around crying until she found something else she wanted to play with.

-----

I started this post yesterday and didn't have time to finish so I will finish it up right now. Audrey, Peyton and I were sitting down to eat lunch today and here is our conversation:

Audrey (randomly) "I will be your friend but only if you are a cow." Me "Uh...okay." -I know, genious response. But what would you have said?
(Meanwhile Peyton is just smashing her babydoll's face into the food on her tray) Audrey "Okay Mommy you better Moo or I won't be your friend!"

Seriously, what would you say to that? Half of me wants to Moo because I know it will make her happy but the other half says maybe I should talk to her about being friends with everyone because that's nice. I can totally remember being little and telling people or being told, "I'm not going to be your friend anymore! or I'm not going to invite you to my birthday party!" in the brattiest voices possible. I'm glad its just one of the phases that they grow out of.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute... and so is your family! I love reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete