Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wait, is it really November already??

The beautiful curtains I made for Peyton's room.

Checking out all the candy they scored.





Two things that were screamed at me today: "It's not fair!!!" and "You're a mean mommy!" I always thought it would bug me when one of my kids finally said that but it just made me want to laugh. Obviously, I couldn't laugh while reprimanding her but I laughed about it later when I told Paul. I bet you can guess the exact words that went through my head when she screamed its not fair---come on I know your parents said it---Life isn't fair! However much I wanted to use that as my response I didn't only because I wanted to get down to the bottom of why her not always getting her way isn't fair to her. In regards to being a "mean mommy", I don't care if she thinks me keeping her safe is mean, that's what moms do.

Halloween was a lot of fun. We carved pumpkins with our good friends Will and Rachel. Our pumpkin was not quite as successful as theirs but it was a good idea. Paul carved Dora the Explorer but gave her fangs. Audrey was not amused. The first words out of her mouth were,"that's a scary Dora. I don't like her." Maybe next year we will come up with something amazing. Trick-or-treating was fun. We did the trunk or treat in downtown Tehachapi but it was packed! After waiting around for a while we decided to just hit up a few houses on our street. Audrey is still pretty shy which is my fault for drilling stranger danger into her, so she whispered trick or treat when someone would answer the door. Both the girls looked adorable though! Unfortunately, we didn't get any family pictures but we managed to get one of the
girls and I.

Coming up in the next few weeks... I will be signing up for my spring semester classes. My statistics class I took this semester is the last math I ever have to take so I am thrilled!! Paul is making Audrey and Peyton's play kitchen which will be their big Christmas present from us. His design is going to be really cute. Audrey has all kinds of things going on with her school. We are practicing her songs for their Christmas pageant. Peyton has some beautiful new curtains that I finally finished. Yes, I sewed them all by myself. Paul's parent's have rented a place in San Diego so we can all spend Thanksgiving together. We are hoping the month goes by fast because we can't wait to go and see his side of the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment