Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good mood Thursday

The view we will enjoy while staying in San Diego

The beautiful pool

That hammock has my name written all over it!

Sometimes Thursday is my favorite day of the week. Audrey had preschool in the morning so it puts her in a good mood the rest of the day. Peyton gets me all to herself for the morning so that makes her happy. I know the next day is Friday which I am either going to a MNO or staying home and playing games or watching a movie with Hubby. Paul knows he will get to work in the garage over the weekend. All-in-all Thursday puts me in a good mood.

Just had my friend Amanda come over to take some pictures of Peyton in the Baby Mohawk vest she made. She is starting a business on etsy and it's really cute. If you want a unique Christmas gift or just something cute for your little one I will post the link to her website once its up. She is even making them in Audrey's size so I am really excited!

Paul is working really hard on the kitchen and it is looking amazing. I'm actually a little jealous of the girls. I will probably get yelled at for locking them out of the room so I can play with it. ;D

I have been working really hard to get ahead in my classes so I'm not stressing too much during our San Diego vacation. I'm on the very last chapter in my Statistics class and I have only one more assignment in my Anthropology class. I can't believe this semester is almost over. I just had to pick out my classes for next semester and I'm pretty excited. I'm still getting a lot of the required classes out of the way but I allow myself one "fun" class every semester so I don't go too crazy. Next semester I my fun class is (If I get into them on time because it's always a race) History 2-the world since 1500 CE. In case you didn't know they no longer use B.C or A.D. now it is B. C. E. which stands for Before Common Era and C.E. for Common Era. Yes, that is my nerdy future history professor side coming out. I am also taking a music appreciation class because it's required. Well either that or I have to take band and no one wants to hear me plan an instrument. I am also taking Child Development: Birth-Adolescence. When I checked ratemyprofessor.com I found out the class is a lot harder than it sounds. But I have to take some child development courses so we will see how it goes. Just three classes closer to what I want to do!

Enough about me though. I know you only read this to hear about the girls. Audrey just had her progress report for preschool (I wish I was joking but they really do that in preschool) and it looked great. She has a hard time waiting her turn to saying something. When she wants to talk everyone better shut up and listen, at least that's what she thinks. But, as you know that's how every three year old is so no big deal. This morning I was woken up by Audrey climbing in my bed with one of my novel's from the bookshelf in our room. There are no pictures because it's not a kiddie book but she made up her own story and laid down next to me for 20 minutes "reading" to me. It was precious and I love hearing her make up her own stories. That is one thing I am so proud to have passed onto her. Audrey randomly walked up to me today and said, "Do you remember Peyton used to be in your tummy? She was in you forever and finally got out of there." I love how random things like this come out of her mouth.

Peyton is such an attention hog. If I put Audrey on my lap it is just unacceptable for Peyton, she must be there too. She really loves the days Audrey has preschool because its just her and I playing all morning. Once a week or so we have a playdate with other babies but she would still rather it be just us. She is social with other babies though so that makes me feel better. Sometimes I get worried that she will be attached to my hip for the rest of my life. The only time she wants nothing to do with me is when we are dropping off or picking up Audrey from preschool. Peyton loves to play in her classroom and act like a big kid. I know she will love preschool once she is potty trained. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though that she will potty train as early as Audrey did. Audrey was potty trained by 20 months which was really early. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers that she follows in her big sister's footsteps for that.

A couple more days and we will be relaxing in beautiful San Diego. The forecast looks awesome for out trip and I can't wait! I'm sure I will have a billion pictures to share when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment