Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving in sunny San Diego

Aboard the USS Midway-checking out the jets

The Cabrillo Tidepools

The Waller boys before surfing

Last week was amazing. Paul's parents decided as an early Christmas present to the family they would rent a house in Carlsbad so everyone could get together for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun. The only negative part was that Peyton was sick most of the week. She had croup which is not fun at all. Especially because we were four hours away from our pediatrician so she just had to fight it off naturally. I'm all for taking medicine and feeling better way sooner than being miserable and grumpy...

We did lots of fun things. We went to Sea World which both the girls loved. I hadn't been there in about 5 years so it was nice to go back and experience it with the girls, my hubby and Paul's family. Grandma and Grandpa watched the girls so the guys and I could ride the big kid rides and get completely soaked. Keep in mind it was about 62 degrees out so we were freezing afterwords. Luckily we were smart enough to save those for right before we left. We also went to the Cabrillo National Monument and it was gorgeous! The view of San Diego from up there was breath-taking. After hiking around a little up there we ventured down to the tidepools. It was a bummer because the tide was too high but it was still a really fun place.

We had lots of beach days and the guys got to go surfing. They had so much fun and were completely exhausted afterwards. We were also very excited because Paul's Aunt Betsy, Uncle Corwin and the kids rented a house nearby so we got to spend lots of time with them. Audrey and Peyton adore Paula and Michael.

I have to say Audrey and Peyton have the best Uncles. My brother and Paul's brothers are amazing with the girls and they have so much fun together. I feel really blessed to have such awesome family on both sides.

Well this week is going to be brutal! I slacked off on my homework while we were gone so now I am swamped. Plus, I have finals next week.

Paul is a busy man getting the girls' kitchen done. It is looking so cute I can't wait for it to be done so I can post some pictures. We are still debating colors for the paint but I know it will turn out great.

Audrey is so happy to be back in school this week. The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was,"Do I get to go to school today?!" I had to laugh because Mrs. Teri asked how her Thanksgiving was and her only reply was telling her about the Christmas cookie Grandma and Grandpa gave her when we left.

Peyton is doing much better and I'm sure she is happy to be sleeping in her crib again. I don't think the pack n' play is that comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment