Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Routine please?



Audrey's first haircut!



October has been/will be such a full crazy month for us. We love having lots of things to do but sometimes I miss our boring routine.

We went to Prescott last weekend which was a lot of fun. It's funny because I get excited to go and then I remember how much I hate driving 7 1/2 hours with two kids. I almost think it's worse with both Paul and I versus just myself because for some reason the girls are way more difficult with both of us. At least the drive back wasn't as horrible as the drive out there. Maybe that's because we left at 3am instead of 1pm. Either way, it's not a fun drive.

Saturday we had the girls' baptism at St. Germaine's. It was a wonderful ceremony. The Deacon that performed it was so nice and even had a sense of humor. Not something I generally associate with a catholic church, don't ask me why. Anyway, we had lots of family there and the girls did so well. Peyton got a little fussy while he was praying but she was bored, its not like she understood that you should be quiet during prayer! All she could think about was getting down and pulling all the flowers on the alter off. Audrey wore the dress my Grandma Sundquist made for me when I was baptized and Peyton wore a dress my Grandma Duthie made.

After the baptism we went back to my mom's house and had Peyton's first birthday party. We played a game called Quelf, if you've never heard of it, try it. It's the most random, funny, crazy game I have ever played. Audrey and Klayton ran around ALL day playing. Those two are best friends already. Peyton loved all the attention and received so many great gifts. I'm so thankful a lot of my family was able to be there because I miss being around them.

Sunday we woke up early and went to my grandma Duthie's house for her famous pancake breakfast. All my cousins on that side of the family were able to come and it was a blast seeing them and meeting my new cousin-in-laws.

The rest of this month is going to be nonstop. Today Audrey had school pictures and she had on such a cute outfit. Thursday I am helping out her class for their field trip to the apple orchard. Next week is Peyton's actual birthday and I have midterms. We also have to find time in between all this for Paul to go down to LA and meet with the coast guard recruiter to schedule his ASVAB and another test. Some of you may not know but Paul is going to apply to the coast guard's blue 21 program which guarantees a flight position after officer school. It's a very competitive program but Paul is the perfect candidate for it. We will see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment