Monday, October 25, 2010

Flu shots, gumballs and a spice rack

Do you love my fall decor?

This is how you know you are a domesticated housewife. I was SO EXCITED when Paul built my new spice rack for above the sink.


Last week was crazy. Peyton turned 1! She had her well baby check up on Wednesday and received her flu shot. I am all for shots and immunizations, however, I HATE when the girls have bad reactions to them!!! Back when Audrey got her chicken pox vaccine she had a terrible reaction with rashes, hives, and a high fever. Peyton had a bad reaction to her flu shot. She received it Wednesday morning around 9:30 and by 7pm she was throwing up uncontrollably. She was shaking and had a fever and could not lay down. I stayed up with her most of the night because, well, I'm mom and moms do that. Paul stayed up with us until 12 or so then got some sleep. I forgot to mention that my midterm is Thursday at 8:00am down in Bakersfield. So she finally went to sleep around 1:30 which means I got about 4 hours of sleep and then woke up to go take my test. I know I'm still young but 4 hours of sleep does not cut it for me anymore. Needless to say, my test score was not my greatest, I managed to get a C. Back to Peyton...the next day (Friday) she is fussy and whining nonstop so I called the doctor and she said of all her patients only 2 have had this reaction. She is doing much better now but that was not fun. I would do anything to trade places with my kids when they are sick. Its the worst feeling having a sick baby that you just want to get better but there isn't much you can do.

Audrey is so funny. We had to go to the mall to get her some more winter clothes and as we are walking in she saw the gumball machine. For those of you that know us really well you know our kids VERY RARELY get candy/cake/sugary stuff. We just eat pretty healthy. But anyway, she saw it and begged to have one so we told her on our way out if she has been really good she can get one. That morning she swiped some quarters off our dresser and stashed them in her pocket (apparently she can be quite a klepto sometimes-more about that later) so she was excited to use "her own" money. On our way out she was jumping up and down so excited to get her gumball and put her quarter in. It didn't work. It ate her money. She had two quarters left so she tried another. It didn't work again. If you could see the look on her face you would have bought her the whole machine. She was devastated to say the least. Paul pounded the machine trying to get one to come out for her. So she tried her last quarter and it worked! She was happier than a kid on Christmas. She was screaming, "Daddy went BOOM (she motioned hitting something" and it WORKED. It really worked. I'm so happy. Oh I'm glad it worked. That was my last one and it worked!" So all day she talked about how Daddy went Boom and made it work. She cherished that gumball for about 4 hours. Should wouldn't even put it in her mouth for 1/2 an hour, content on holding it and telling it how happy she was.

We are heading to the pumpkin patch this week so stay tuned for some really cute pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment